Friday 11 May 2012

EXP3: Valley

My native country, where I was born, is Russia. Whenever I think about it, although I don't have any personal recollections of the scenery, I imagine pines, wild flowers, long grass or of course snowy forests. Russia isn't a particularly valley-filled country, except for the Kamchatka Mountains region. And it is here that you will find my Valley of Geysers:


The essences that I would like to take from this valley are the light feel of the air (due to the continuous steam flows), the winding river and the green-ness of the grass on a rocky terrain.

Completed valley inspired by Geyser Valley


The shape of the terrain, as well as my vegetation and rocks I am satisfied with. The valley should be steep, but not mountainous, and the river should look quite gentle but still be inset among high and low hills.
The particle effects took a while to adjust with their life spans and sizes, however I got there in the end. To avoid having to add many geyser effects and crashing CE3, I amplified the fog density for the entire day to create a smokey effect.




No comments:

Post a Comment