Sunday 6 May 2012

EXP2 Final Model

From the initial monument and with my electroliquid aggregation quote in mind, I developed the model into a piece of architecture that can develop spaces as the natural environment encompassing it develops.

View from down the river
A 'horizontal lift' powered partly by the river current transports students to the site from an alcove further up the river with road access (seen in the third image). The tracks semi-float on the river, and may possibly also mould. The 'lift' platform extends out to the ground.

'Living' Space
 Parts of the architecture itself, such as these ivy circles and the trees within the wooden path shape, will grow and alter the shape. This sprouts from my electroliquid aggregation concept of living architecture with growing spaces of both nature and the architecture.

Site overview


Sheltered space 
Play of shadows from the trees and lines of my 'light' material above

Overview 2
The final image is a view of the 'Space Between', the lower rectangle with circular insets. This space is a combination of natural and artificial elements, and is clad with my medium texture which I elaborated on in my previous post. 




No comments:

Post a Comment