Sunday 13 May 2012

EXP3: 18 single point perspectives

The task of combining three H's together in various ways while drawing them into a single point perspective seemed simple enough. I was a little daunted needing to draw two other angles as it wasn't as easy to calculate was was behind what as it was with the isometric drawings of the previous experiment.
It was quite challenging drawing the views from above and below because the drawings wouldn't fit onto the half-page and I would have to adjust the vanishing point to accommodate for this.

As I progressed with this first task, I aimed to make each combination more interesting and challenging, as well as playing with how they touch/intersect each other and furthermore how they can integrate together into a unified shape.
I would like to think that my combinations became more calculated.

First Set
Second Set
Third Set
Fourth Set
Fifth Set
Final Set

The power words I gathered from two tutors (Andrea and Jacky) as well as from my own inspirations. When allocating words I took into account the scale change due to the distance from the vanishing points, the ratio of each part to others, the extent of contact between the H's (or shapes that they created), and the directionality of the members (eg. outstretching or all contained).

No comments:

Post a Comment