Tuesday 28 February 2012

Pre-Class Task 1

My Best Piece of Creative Work


Dragon of Earthsea
The Dragon from Tales From Earthsea:
I consider this drawing to be one of my best as it was my most serious attempt at conventional drawing. I started it while in a small art class run by a friend of mine, and was based around a task where redrawing images would create a better understanding of shading and texture.
The image is the dragon from the Tales from Earthsea animated film. It took a few days to complete due to the complexity of the textures, details and proportions.

A Great Piece of Architecture


PELOHA- Peace, Love and Harmony
PELOHA Hemicycle House, Gerard Siero:
This home is incredibly climate responsive. Facing north, it takes the full benefit of the sun year-round, and the curved shape of the building also acts as a personal sundial as the rooms have been positioned to have the bedroom receive the first light to the study taking the last. It has been built into an artificial hill which serves to insulate the building, promote security and provide a space for flora. The slope of the roof has also been designed to accommodate for the suns angle and solar panels.

Something Beautiful


This small tree grows atop a suburban shop and for me it symbolises for me the disparity between the natural and artificial environment which I would strive to unify. However the beauty in this photo is how a tree can still battle on and survive in such a scarce position, and inspires me not to ignore a balance with nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment